Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Easter Egg Nails


These nails are each their own little Easter egg. I choose pastel colors and white to imitate colored Easter eggs. Each nail was its own color, like real dyed eggs.

  1. I started off, like always, with a clear base coat.
  2. Then I painted each nail one of five Easter themed colors, yellow, purple, minty green, pink, and blue. The left hand colors were a mirror the right hand. If a polish didn’t cover completely in one coat I painted another.
  3. Then I switched over to acrylic paints and very small paint brushes.  I watered down my white paint so I could get precise lines. The watered down paint doesn’t cover as well as full strength paint, so I had to go over some lines more than once. I started with one zig zag line all the way across the nail. Then I made the same exact line a little beneath it.
  4. Then I painted two straight lines across the entire nail, one above and one below the zig zags.
  5. I used a small dotting tool to create little dots in the dips of the zigzag lines in white. The white base let me go back over the dots with all of the five colors.
  6. I used the same dotting tool to add color to the white dots. Each nail got dots in every color other than their base color. So the blue egg got yellow, purple, green, and pink dots.
  7. I sealed up the acrylic paints with a topcoat. The topcoat also helps to harden the nails and prevent he color from rubbing off or chipping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment