Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Rhinestone Flower Nails


I painted these red nails to match my prom dress. You might not be able to tell from the picture, but the flowers were made completely of rhinestones. Together with the glitter base color, these nails were very sparkly and caught a lot of light.

  1. I started with a thorough base coat to make sure my natural nails wouldn't be stained by the bright red polish that would come next.
  2. I used two coats of red polish that had a fine glitter in it. The second coat made sure the glitter and color both covered evenly over the whole nail.
  3. I used white acrylic paint to create the stems and curling petals of the flowers. The flower end of the stems didn't have to be perfect because I knew I would be covering them up with rhinestones.
  4. I used a dab of clear nail polish as a glue to attach one red rhinestone to the approximate middle of the flower. Then I surrounded that with more clear polish and laid down clear rhinestone around the red one in a circle. This created the shape of a flower for me.
  5. I went over the cluster of rhinestones with topcoat and gave them plenty of time to dry. They tend to shift on the curve of the nail until they're completely dry, so I had to be very careful not to disturb them. Then I covered the entire nail with topcoat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment