Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Neon Pink Nails


These nails were very bright in person. The neon pink polish was bold and eye catching and the white dotted tips were bold to match. On each finger one of the white dots was overlapped by a white craft flower that’s almost like an oversized piece of glitter. This added a little extra interest to a simple design, and brought light to an otherwise matte surface. The flowers give a little bit of texture, but can be a hassle to have on your nails. Even though they’re secured with clear nail polish, they can get caught on hair or loose fabric. I still liked them, but I wished I could have known about this problem before I was committed to wearing them.

  1. I started off with a normal base coat. I made sure not to miss any spots because the pink base color would easily stain my natural nails underneath. 
  2. Then I applied two thins coats of a neon pink. Two thins coats gave me a consistent color coverage overall.
  3. Next I used a large dotting tool to create the dotted tips. I started with the top layer of dots spaced comfortably apart.  Each dot in the next layer fit in the window created by the original dots.
  4. Then I used a small dab of clear nail polish onto the dot that would be overlapped with a flower. The clear polish acts as glue, and when I placed the flower on top, it stayed in place.
  5. I then applied topcoat just over the flower to seal it in place. When that was completely dry, I covered my entire nail with top coat to seal in the acrylic paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment